Space Policy Directive-5, issued in Sept 2020, directs government agencies to work in concert with commercial and other non-government actors to work to develop cybersecurity best practices, norms, and improve cybersecurity behavior within the national space ecosystem. This panel will discuss efforts across Federal agencies, including DHS/CISA, NIST, and the Office of Space Commerce, to implement SPD-5 as well as industry’s role in maintaining secure space capabilities.
Hosted by the Space Enterprise Council and the Satellite Industry Association
Date: Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Time: 1:00pm - 2:00pm (ET)
- David Logsdon, Senior Director, CompTIA Public Sector
- Tom Stroup, President, Satellite Industry Association
- Phil Mar, Government Systems Chief Technology Officer, Viasat Inc.
- Scott Pace, George Washington University Space Policy Institute
- Matthew Scholl, Chief of the Computer Security Division in the Information Technology Laboratory, NIST
- Jennifer Warren, Vice President, Civil & Regulatory Affairs, Lockheed Martin