Setting up and running your own IT/tech business can feel overwhelming at times. You have to learn about and manage a new set of business issues quickly while keeping tech operations running. There are plenty of places to trip up, as you may encounter problems for the first time. The UK Legal Playbook explains what some of those business issues are and how to best manage them. This guide describes:
- Common business structures
- Contract law principles
- Employment law, including the differences between independent contractors and employees
- Intellectual property rights
- Data privacy and protection regulations
This playbook also answers frequently asked questions (FAQs), including:
- What if my client won’t pay me?
- To what extent can I contractually exclude my liability if things go wrong?
- How much insurance do I need and what types?
- When and how do I have to pay VAT?
- When and how do I have to pay corporation tax?